Daily Snooze is a simple Safari Extension that blocks comments, advertisements, and other extraneous content from the New York Daily News website. It also substitutes the ugly Arial font with Helvetica.
Daily Snooze is public domain software. Use it and modify it as you see fit.
Download Daily Snooze for Safari (v1.1.1)
Simply double-click the “dailysnooze-1.1.1.safariextz” file once the download completes.
Daily Snooze requires Mac OS X running Safari 9.0 or later.
v1.1.1 (May 17, 2016)
- No longer blocks video player
- Blocks additional advertising/analytics scripts
- Filters out additional extraneous CSS selectors to clean up the site layout
v1.1 (January 23, 2016)
- Modernized to use Safari content blocking mechanism. This means that instead of just hiding advertisements, we block them from loading at all. This greatly improves performance.
- Adds numerous advertising/analytics domains to the block list
- Everything is Helvetica
v1.0.3 (May 2, 2014)
- Fixes an issue with the top navigation bar in articles
v1.0.2 (April 28, 2014)
- Hides an annoying overlay ad banner at the bottom of the page
v1.0.1 (April 21, 2014)
- Hides ads that show up in image galleries
- Hides Pinterest and URL sharing buttons in image galleries
v1.0 (April 21, 2014)
- Initial release